The Educational Centre in Laski was created by Elżbieta Roża Czacka. She considered her loss of sight as a vocation. In 1911 she founded The Society for the Care of the Blind and a couple of years later - the Franciscan Sisters Servants of the Cross. Both of these , in the second decade of the XX-th century, became foundations for the creation of the Institute for the Blind.

Mother Elżbieta Czacka was aware of the need for the proper education of the blind to enable them to live independently and responsibly. This is why The Centre in Laski educates blind children from their first months of life until the Baccalaureate and Professional Exams in an atmosphere of self-respect and openness to others. In the future, this will enable the blind to live independently amongst their family, work environment, and in a society of sighted people.

FUND FOR THE BLIND OF LASKI
Tadeusz K. Potworowski
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
------------------------------------------------
FUND FOR THE BLIND OF LASKI
Copperfield, Wayside Gardens
Gerrards Cross
Bucks.SL9 7NG
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44(0)1753 889867
Email: blind-laski@sky.com; tadeusz.potworowski@laski.edu.pl

Registered Charity number 1003516

Bank account number: 70000019